Monday, October 22, 2012

Expose the Dirty Secret

Peter DeFazio, populist and favorite Congressman of Oregon, broke from party ranks (Democrat) to join Republican (aka racist xenophoic) to vote for and pass the criminalizing of our borders, to the south that is.  I am still outraged by it.  My efforts have been puny.  In public places whenever the Congressman comes home to march in the Eugene Celebration Parade  "De Fazio!!  Immigration Justice!!!"  By this time, no one would know or care what I meant if I were to say something about building the wall between Mexico and the US and making a War Zone from our neighbors to the South.  He comes to speak, "De Fazio!!!  Immigrant Justice!!!"  I'd feel foolish the only voice shouting if I weren't so angry.

Here is a video which brings it ALL home.  Now, I plan to show this video whenever I have the chance, of the brave people of Maricopa County, AZ, who refuse to do nothing while the racist Sheriff Arpaio takes that piece of legislation De Fazio helped pass and wages violent illegal war on indigenous, undocumented and Latino citizens, men, women, and children.  Please watch this, and pass it on widely!!  There is no justice in the United States.  At some point, all the dirty national secrets must come out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"from Outside the Belly" was also known as "TBAsian" from 2008-2010. Thank you for reading.

from Outside the Monster's Belly

from Outside the Monster's Belly
. . . following Earth instead (Rakaia River, site of Salmon Ceremony, photo credit Ruth Koenig)

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Eugene, Oregon
I am a citizen of the Winnemem Wintu Tribe. I am a Nikkei descendant sansei (third generation);retired teacher, involved in the Winnemem tribal responsibility to Water, Salmon, and our belief that the Sacred is our Teacher. Working locally for human rights and supporting youth leadership.