Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rest In Peace to a Brother to Us All

Al Robles, poet of our generation for all generations, and as poet Lou Syquia calls him, an "urban saint," as close to a saint as anyone can be, died May 2. I am so saddened I cannot speak.
I offer instead the address of a website http://alrobles.manilatown.org/page-1/
"The Inspiration of Al Robles" put up by his friends. There is a piece on the page called "Confusionist." I believe that it was Syquia again who said he was a Confusionist, not to be mistaken for Confucius. I would like to follow his Confusionist tracks. On this page is a trailer for "Manilatown is in the Heart," with my gratitude to documentary filmmaker Curtis Choy, for following Al with your camera. If it were not for your sense of what stories must be told . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

"from Outside the Belly" was also known as "TBAsian" from 2008-2010. Thank you for reading.

from Outside the Monster's Belly

from Outside the Monster's Belly
. . . following Earth instead (Rakaia River, site of Salmon Ceremony, photo credit Ruth Koenig)

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Eugene, Oregon
I am a citizen of the Winnemem Wintu Tribe. I am a Nikkei descendant sansei (third generation);retired teacher, involved in the Winnemem tribal responsibility to Water, Salmon, and our belief that the Sacred is our Teacher. Working locally for human rights and supporting youth leadership.