Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"No Worries, Mom"

Marvy, DisOrient's Hospitality person, just called to see if our home could host another filmmaker who is coming having heard Will and I are heading out of town for War Dance and there would be bedrooms vacant. While we are gone, we are leaving our filmmaker guests in the care of our 25 year old daughter Maki who will be moving in to play host. When I told her this morning about another guest, she made some cryptic comment like "no worries, mom. It sounds like it's going to be fun!" Hmmmmmm. I don't think she was referring to caring for her Obachan. I hope she's not imagining bringing back one of those I-5 1980's gatherings she's heard happened at our house when guests from CA or Seattle or Portland came into town -- every brother and sister in Eugene coming by to hang out with our I-5 brothers and sisters to party. Or I hope she at least cleans up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"from Outside the Belly" was also known as "TBAsian" from 2008-2010. Thank you for reading.

from Outside the Monster's Belly

from Outside the Monster's Belly
. . . following Earth instead (Rakaia River, site of Salmon Ceremony, photo credit Ruth Koenig)

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Eugene, Oregon
I am a citizen of the Winnemem Wintu Tribe. I am a Nikkei descendant sansei (third generation);retired teacher, involved in the Winnemem tribal responsibility to Water, Salmon, and our belief that the Sacred is our Teacher. Working locally for human rights and supporting youth leadership.