Sunday, December 7, 2008

WW/ Winnemem Way of Life, Water

I've posted several stories about the Winnemem. Now that the CA state legislature has passed the joint resolution to support Winnemem Restoration, we are now moving to the Federal arena. There are roadblocks ahead, but all can be circumvented with your help. Will has made a short Vimeo clip "Winnemem Way of Life, Water" that I am excited to share with all of you. The power of video is you can see and feel rather than just read words. Please check out the clip AND check out Head Man Mark Franco's blog, "Winnemem Wintu - The Journey to Justice" listed on my favorite blogs.


The Winnemem Way - Water from Moving Image on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"from Outside the Belly" was also known as "TBAsian" from 2008-2010. Thank you for reading.

from Outside the Monster's Belly

from Outside the Monster's Belly
. . . following Earth instead (Rakaia River, site of Salmon Ceremony, photo credit Ruth Koenig)

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Eugene, Oregon
I am a citizen of the Winnemem Wintu Tribe. I am a Nikkei descendant sansei (third generation);retired teacher, involved in the Winnemem tribal responsibility to Water, Salmon, and our belief that the Sacred is our Teacher. Working locally for human rights and supporting youth leadership.