Friday, October 17, 2008

Thank you!

I humbly thank you for logging on to TBAsian. This morning I learned that there have been 100 viewings of TBAsian. I've always wanted to write. I taught my students what Ursula LeGuin said about writing. How to become a writer is simply to write. Write every day. Just write. And that writing was a very solitary activity. I confess I used LeGuin, partially, to prevent writing to become social hour. Life is social for middle schoolers. They would all go to their own separate little corner and write. Sometimes I would write with them. But most of the time, I became 'editor' and first reader of their pieces.

I had thought I might want to write a book when I retired -- maybe for young readers, maybe a mystery with a real life mix of people -- but it was daunting to think of publishers and editors and especially that pile of 100 books gathering dust in a closet.

Now I am writing in my own little corner of blogspot. It is indeed a solitary activity -- except for a bit of blogger technology which allows me to peek every once in awhile to see if anyone has logged in. Maybe everyone doesn't log in to read. Maybe everyone doesn't read a lot of it. Or maybe it's a couple of people related to me logging on 50 times apiece. Whatever the case, I thank you all for making TBAsian a little less solitary. If I were techno-miraculous I would have a blog party!!! Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"from Outside the Belly" was also known as "TBAsian" from 2008-2010. Thank you for reading.

from Outside the Monster's Belly

from Outside the Monster's Belly
. . . following Earth instead (Rakaia River, site of Salmon Ceremony, photo credit Ruth Koenig)

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Eugene, Oregon
I am a citizen of the Winnemem Wintu Tribe. I am a Nikkei descendant sansei (third generation);retired teacher, involved in the Winnemem tribal responsibility to Water, Salmon, and our belief that the Sacred is our Teacher. Working locally for human rights and supporting youth leadership.